Australia business visasDoing business in Australia boasts significant opportunities for those with the business acumen to take advantage of Australia’s strong economic footing. A valid business visa will allow the visa holder to invest in, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. In situations where local skilled workers are scarce, the business owner(s) may resort to sponsoring skilled workers in order to fulfil the workforce requirements. Australia business visas are broken down into two predominant pathways – the Business Talent and Business Innovation and Investment options.
132 – Business Talent visa (permanent)
In the Business Talent pathway there are two streams under which the visa applicant can apply.
- Significant Business History stream – applicants are required to prove personal and business assets of at least $1.5m AUD and annual business revenue in excess of $3m AUD.
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream – for applicants who have raised over $1m AUD in venture capital funding.
Australia business visas are broken down into two predominant pathways – the Business Talent and Business Innovation and Investment options.Read more →
188 – Business Innovation and Investment visa (provisional)
The Business Innovation and Investment pathway is for applicants who intend to start or manage a business in Australia.
It is a temporary residence visa with a four year validity period.
Under the Business Innovation and Investment programme, applicants are required to satisfy the points test. The applicant must also be invited by a state or territory government after lodging an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect online system.
The Business Innovation and Investment offers three streams:
- Business Innovation stream – for applicants wanting to develop and manage a business in Australia.
- Investor stream – applicants who are willing to invest at least $1.5m AUD.
- Significant Investor stream – for applicants willing to invest more than $5m AUD.
888 – Business Innovation and Investment visa (permanent)
The Innovation and Investment (subclass 888) visa is permanent residence visa, granting the visa holder indefinite residence in Australia.
To qualify for this visa you must first have held the provisional Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa and have met your visa conditions.Read more →