Skilled Migration to Australia
Free Visa Assessment
Skilled Independent, Sponsored & Regional Visas
In order to satisfy the requirements for skilled migration to Australia, it’s vitally important that:
- You are 50 years or under when you apply.
- You are required to have at least competent English (minimum score of 6 in IELTS or be the holder of a passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, Ireland or New Zealand.
- Family members aged 18 years or above included in the application and assessed as having less than functional English will be required to pay the second instalment of the Visa Application Charge.
- You have obtained a post secondary qualification that is at the very least equivalent to an Australian Bachelors degree or higher qualification, diploma or trade qualification awarded under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) certificate III or IV and you will have to have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- At time of application you nominate a skilled occupation which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be listed on the Skilled Occupations Lists (SOL).
- You have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL) for at least 12 months in the 24 months immediately before applying.
This requirement is separate to points awarded for specific employment under the points test.
- Applicants do not need to satisfy the work experience requirement if they meet the Australian study requirement, less than 6 months before submitting their visa application.
- Before you apply, your skills are assessed by the relevant Australian assessing authority prescribed to assess your nominated occupation.
- You meet strict health criteria and all applicants (including non-migrating dependents) must have their health assessed by an approved panel doctor and undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray.
- You are of good character to enter Australia, which will be determined by an assessment of police clearance certificates that you are requested to provide.